I have been using VPN4ALL for 2-1/2 years. While this service is more costly than several others, my priority was privacy. There they appear top notch, and I have recommended them on that basis. Note they also support vpn for mobile devices.
Today is March 19, 2020. As of late Feb 2020 I have not been able to access their service. Their webpage (vpn4all.com) gives a 404. Although their client page(s) at secure.apn4all.com do load, they have been unresponsive to emails and the ticket submitted over a week-and-a-half ago. They have not interacted on their Twitter or FB pages for a few years. Beyond the lack of service and support, I now seriously wonder if I will be able to be refunded for the time left on my 1-year subscription.
They have some 'splainin to do.
Obsolete software which will lead to demise of the service -- most of the software is compromised -- when you go to OpenVPN forum VPN4All is 2 or 3 versions behind -- I have one tech tell me to download OpenVPN community software and download just the TAP to correct a connection error -- I thought why am I doing this -- should the service provided update the software -- I change to ExpressVPN -- no issues same speed -- periodically updates to keep the software secure.
The Positives first:
- Fast first response from Support. That's about all.
- Their help turned out to be useless and no, I am not letting a stranger access my computer via TeamViewer. After that, no more help from Support, just silence. That makes tolerating the rest even less of an option:
- Extremely ugly interface
- Lack of server options (default is Russia, of all places)
- No KillSwitch (at $84/yr you should expect that)
- Slow, building the connection takes forever
- No attention to detail (go to their Feedback page: the latest Windows version there is Windows 7)
- The 'KnowledgeBase' is a joke: mainly one-liners that sound like ad copy (predictably, users are not impressed, just click 'vote' at the bottom and see how many users found any of the offered answers helpful)
In short: there are much better VPNs out there. I use the market leader on the other PC and it works like a charm.
9.9 / 10
8.9 / 10